Job Posting - Director of Quality Assurance
Reporting to the Registrar, the Director of Quality Assurance will be responsible for managing the Quality Assurance programs of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador. These programs will include but are not limited to professional development, practice assessment, and practice enhancement. The position will involve a combination of day-to-day service delivery and strategic planning.
This is a new position at the College. The position will include managing existing programs as well as implementing new programs that are mandated under the Medical Act, 2011.
Responsibilities will include:
- providing support to the College’s new Quality Assurance Committee. This will include co-ordinating meetings of the Committee and managing the conduct of confidential Quality Assurance reviews.
- managing delivery of the College’s expanded orientation program for newly licensed physicians. This will include a new post-licensure assessment component for provisionally licensed physicians.
- managing the College’s Methadone Maintenance Treatment program.
- administering regulations, by-laws, policies and guidelines regarding physicians’ scope of practice, physicians practicing in non-hospital surgical facilities, physician health, and continuing professional development.
- developing new policies and procedures as the need arises.
- liaising with the Atlantic Provinces Medical Peer Review Program.
- University degree, preferably in public administration, health administration, human resource management, or other related disciplines, combined with management experience, preferably in the health sector. Consideration will also be given to a combination of experience and other education that would provide the knowledge, skills and judgment necessary to perform this function,
- Excellent writing skills as well as communications and interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with confidential, sensitive issues, and,
- Familiarity with current and emerging issues in medical regulation and health care administration.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and an appropriate cover letter to:
Office of the Registrar
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador
120 Torbay Road, Suite W100
St. John’s NL
Or by e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. - August 6, 2012
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador regulates the practice of medicine in the public interest.