A Standard of Practice is the minimum standard of professional behaviour and ethical conduct on a specific issue expected by the College.
A Practice Guideline is a recommendation developed by the College with which members should be familiar and follow whenever and wherever possible and appropriate.
1. MMT Standards and Guidelines (June 2018)
2. Dispensing of Medications by Medical Practitioners: Practice Guideline
3. Medical Marihuana: Advisory and Interim Guideline
4. Suboxone: Practice Guideline (June 2017)
5. Opioid Prescribing: Practice Guideline (September 2017)
6. Prescribing Opioids for Acute Pain: Practice Guideline (December 2017)
7. Prescribing: Standard of Practice (June 2018)
1. Boundary Violations: Practice Guideline (June 2015)
2. Physician Treatment of Self, Family Members or Other Close to Them: Standard of Practice (March 2017)
3. Accepting New Patients: Standard of Practice (March 2017)
4. Ending the Physician-Patient Relationship: Standard of Practice (September 2017)
1. Advertising and Public Communications: Practice Guideline (December 2016)
2. Telemedicine: Standard of Practice (March 2017)
3. Blood-Borne Pathogens (February 2014)
4. Responsibility for Continuity of Care for Patients without a Family Physician: Practice Guideline
5. Cleaning, Sterilization and Disinfection of Medical Instruments: Advisory
6. Closure of Medical Practice and Extended Leave from Practice: Practice Guideline (September 2017)
7. Uninsured Services: Practice Guideline (September 2017)
8. Withdrawal of Physician Services During a Job Action: Standard of Practice (March 2018)
9. Physician Use of Social Media: Practice Guideline (March 2018)
10. Duty to Report a Colleague: Standard of Practice (September 2018)
1. Professional Responsibilities in Medical Education: Standard of Practice (September 2017)
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador regulates the practice of medicine in the public interest. It is governed by a 14 member Council, which includes the Registrar, a fully-licensed medical practitioner, who is an ex-officio member, appointed by the Council.
Licensing and Registration
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador
Copyright © College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador.